Help With Visa Options

A visa can enable you to stay in the United States for an extended period and be the first step in the process to become a permanent resident. There are several types of immigrant visas, each with its own set of requirements. Here are brief explanations of some of the visa types that may apply to your immigration situation.

Family Member Sponsorship

The I-130 Petition for alien relative is the first step in the complicated process of sponsoring a family member to come live in the United States. Spouses and fiancé(e)s of United States citizens wishing to gain a visa have additional requirements to fulfill. Lewisville attorney Juan A. Aguirre can skillfully guide you through the process because he has over 10 years of experience helping clients get U.S. visas.

Student Visas

A student visa is required to pursue an educational program in the United States. The visa will allow a student to remain in the United States as long as enrollment is maintained.

Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

This visa option is essentially a green card lottery that awards 50,000 immigrant visas per year. Millions of people apply to this program each year for a chance to live in the United States.

Foreign Investor Immigration And Employer Sponsorship

An E-2 work visa is an option if the country you are a citizen of has an investment treaty with the United States. The E-2 visa enables you to work at a company you establish in the United States. Although this work visa does not allow you to become a permanent resident, you can transition to an EB-5 visa later to pursue green card status for you and your family.

An EB-5 visa requires a high level of business investment that results in sustained job creation and has both passive and active involvement options. If you work for a global company that has a presence in the United States, you may be able to qualify for an L-1 intracompany transfer visa to work at the company's location.

EB-1 For Exceptional Individuals

If you are outstanding in your field of medicine, science, sport or business, you may qualify for an EB-1 visa. You should include evidence of your accomplishments with your application.

Explore Your Options Today

Get advice from a Texas lawyer who knows immigration law. Contact the Law Offices of Juan A. Aguirre, P.C., today at 972-330-4238 or use this online contact form for a free initial consultation about what visa program is right for you. We also offer legal services in San Antonio. Se habla español.